Hey guys! So the other day I was feeling a bit creative and decided to make the two of these:
This post will be kind of like a tutorial where I will just type my way through how you could create your own DIY Phone Case & Vial Necklace. Both of these items are pretty fun and easy to make so here goes…
First I’ll show you how to make a DIY phone case out of old jewellery and random gems/stones hanging around your house.
You will need:
- Jewellery you don’t wear anymore; necklaces, pendants, bracelets or any other ‘bling’ bits and bobs around your house.
- A phone case – clear or coloured whichever you prefer (I used a clear plastic one)
- A hot glue gun
- Take of the chains/elastic thread of your jewellery so you only have the pieces you would like to use. If you are using earrings or a pendant make sure to take off the hook from the top.
- You can decide on a colours scheme if you would like.
- Then, just start gluing your ‘bling’ pieces to the phone case using the hot glue gun.
- Keep adding glue and sticking down your pieces until the phone case is covered and you like it!
- That’s pretty much it. Hope you find this creative and unique and have fun designing your own phone covers in all different designs and styles!
This is the case I decorated for an IPhone 5:
I used; a gemstone pink bracelet, dangling pieces from necklaces, studs and gems and of course the dangling ends on earrings!
Here’s how I made this quick vial necklace:
You will need:
- A small glass vial
- Necklace chain
- Glitter or small beads (for the inside of the vial)
- An eye pin
- Cutting pliers (just to cut the eye pin shorter)
- Charm to add on (optional)
- Clear Nail polish to seal the cork to the vial (optional)
- Fill ¾ of the glass bottle/vial with glitter or beads.
- Put a bit of nail polish on the inside edge of the vial (where the cork fits) and place the cork on.
- Use cutting pliers to cut the eye pin shorter (about half way) to make sure it doesn’t show out of the other end of the cork.
- Push the eye pin through the top, middle of the cork.
- Attach the vial to a chain necklace and add on a charm if you would like.
So that’s two DIY pieces you could try making, I hope you like this short typed tutorial lol.